Monday, April 22, 2013

Some Awesome News!

So, remember when I told ya'll about getting an internship? It was right before winter break, and I was so excited. My internship is with a diversity inclusion publisher, and my position includes doing research, drafting articles as well as quizzes, statistics, and small news summaries. A few months in to my internship I started looking at summer internships just for fun. I didn't expect to get one.

It was around this time I learned about Entranced Publishing, an e-book publisher focusing on romance. I saw a twitter posting about internship opportunities in the editorial department, and sent in my resume and cover letter. I got an email back asking if I'd prefer to be considered for an associate editor's position. Between my bouts hyperventilating laughter, I replied that, yes, I would. I am now an associate editor with Entranced Publishing.

A few weeks later I pitched Balancing Act, my third novel, to Entranced over twitter. I got a request for the synopsis and first three chapters, and was told it could take up to two weeks for a response. I got an email back 2 hours later asking for the full manuscript. A week later, I got another email.

Offering me a book contract.

Folks, I am here today to tell you, I am going to be published.

OH MY GOD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Ahem. I spent most of the past few days hyperventilating and wanting to tell ya'll, but waiting until the sale had been announced. Which it has been. And which can be seen here: http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/dealmakers/detail.cgi?id=26871

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD!!! That's so awesome and amazing and congrats, Heather! Wow! So much good news happening for you lately! :D And that moved so fast! Plus, how exciting that just a year from now you'll be a published author! :D I'm so excited to see all the fun steps, like cover reveals and stuff. :) Woohoo! Way to go, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats - that is such awesome news!

    ReplyDelete